Ocala Drug Crimes Lawyer
Drug Possession, Distribution,
& Manufacturing Defense Attorney
Drug charges are not always carried out in the way the law intends. In fact, there have been numerous cases where police planted drugs on people they arrested in order to guarantee a criminal sentence. While this is a terrible thing to do, proving the innocence of those accused can be a difficult task. If you were arrested for a drug crime, it is important that you retain the services of a qualified criminal defense lawyer who can help you build a case in protection of your future. At JW Law, our drug crimes lawyer in Ocala has the skill and attitude to help you tell your side of the story and obtain the best possible outcome for your situation. Get started on your case by starting today.
Call JW Law now by dialing (352) 441-2703 or contacting our team online. We serve clients throughout Marion County.
Marijuana Laws in Florida
While some states have more relaxed statutes on substances such as marijuana, Florida is not one of them. While medical marijuana stores are thriving, even the mere possession of a few grams of un-prescribed marijuana can be charged as a First Degree misdemeanor that can come with serious penalties. The important thing to note is that in Florida all forms of recreational marijuana is illegal and can come with increasingly stiff penalties.
Marijuana penalties in Florida is as follows:
- 20 Grams or less is seen as a misdemeanor and come with fines up to $1k & up to 1 year in prison.
- Anything above 20 grams is considered a felony and can come with fines up to $200k & up to 30 years in prison depending on the amount of marijuana in your possession (up to 10,000lbs).
- Cultivation is any form is a felony and can come with fines up to $50k & up to 30 years in prison depending on the amount of plants in your possession (up to 10,000 plants).
- Within 1,000 feet of any school, college, park, or other specified area can come with fines up to $10k & 15 years in prison.
Defending Your Against a Florida Drug Conviction
All controlled substances are considered illegal to possess unless there is a reasonable explanation, such as having a prescription. Because of these harsh penalties, building a strong defense is crucial.
At JW Law, we may be able to help you prove:
- You were not in possession of illegal substances: Police sometimes mistakenly charge people with drug crimes even when they are not in possession of the substance in question. It is important that your lawyer help you raise doubt about the charges against you.
- The substances did not belong to you: If you were not the one in possession of illegal substances, justice would not be served by you facing a criminal sentence.
- No evidence exists: There are many circumstances where police make claims that cannot be backed up by evidence, and these should not result in you facing criminal charges. Let our team help you prove your side of the story.
- Entrapment: Do you feel you were led to possess something in an effort to have you arrested? You may be a victim of entrapment, and our team may be able to help you prove the unlawful behavior of law enforcement.
- Unlawful search and seizure: Regardless of how many police try to make people feel like criminals, evidence obtained unlawfully cannot be submitted in court, period. Our team may be able to show that you were a victim of unfair law enforcement practices.
Experienced Drug Crime Legal Counsel
It is never advisable to face criminal charges without professional legal representation. These kinds of cases carry devastating consequences that can follow you around for the rest of your life. JW Law has experience fighting criminal charges, and we stand ready to help you avoid a conviction by doing whatever it takes. Let us help you protect your future. Call today and get started.
Dial (352) 441-2703 now and schedule your free consultation.
Jerrod served in the U.S. Army as an Officer and he uses the same fighting mentality for his clients.
We see the person for the person and the matter for the matter.
The Constitution is our basis as we fight for the rights of our clients.
We tailor our approach to your specific case.